The procedure for admission of foreigners and stateless persons to study at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
● FULL ADMISSION RULES 2023 (in Ukrainian)
1. Preparation of foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, “On Foreign Ukrainians”, “On Refugees and Persons in Need of Complementary or Temporary Protection in Ukraine”, Decree № 271 of the President of Ukraine from June 3, 1994 “On measures to develop economic cooperation between Ukrainian regions, the Republic of Belarus border regions and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, Regulation № 136 of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from February 26, 1993 “On education of foreign citizens in Ukraine “(with amendments) and № 684 from September 11, 2013 “Some aspects of the organization of admission of foreigners and stateless persons”, Decree № 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from November 1, 2013 “Some aspects of the organization of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons” registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 25 November 2013, № 2004/24536 (with edited decree № 1272 by the Ministry of education and Science of Ukraine from December 11, 2015), Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of December 2, 2019 № 1498 “On approval of the Procedure for establishing quotas for higher education by foreigners and stateless persons within the scope of the state order in accordance with international treaties of Ukraine”, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on February 10, 2020 №153/34436.
Citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus, who do not have a permanent (temporary) residence permit in Ukraine, are accepted for study with the individual permission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter – foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, the binding nature of which is approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher education institutions on international academic mobility.
Admission of foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, citizens of the Republic of Poland, persons recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection, to state-funded places is carried out in accordance with paragraph 6 of Section III of the Admission Rules. Admission of other categories of foreigners to the University for state-funded places is carried out within the quotas for foreigners.
Admission to study foreigners is carried out on accredited educational programs. The University may accept foreigners for postgraduate, doctoral, preparatory faculty (subdivision) programs, for the study of the state language and / or the language of instruction, as well as for postgraduate education, advanced training and internships.
3. Admission of foreign students can be carried out in person and/or remotely.
The validity of the invitation to study is not more than 1 year from the date of its registration in the automated system “Electronic Journal” of the state enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Foreigners who have received an invitation to study, registered in the automated system “Electronic Journal” of a state-owned enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, have received a range of information and consulting support services, and have received a visa to enter Ukraine (except for citizens of visa-free countries) for the purpose of studying or have carried out the procedure for legalizing educational documents in the country of their issuance: ((legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the country that issued the document on education: legalized at the consular department of the diplomatic mission of Ukraine abroad (consular legalization or apostille)).
In order to organize distance recruitment of foreign citizens for higher education, the University enters into an agreement with a partner organization that is a resident of the country of origin of the entrants. The subject of the agreement is the provision of services for personal identification, verification of original documents of entrants, organization of reception of applications of entrants in electronic form, provision of premises and technical means for consultations and entrance examinations by higher education institutions in remote format.
It is possible to conclude agreements with organizations that meet the following requirements: compliance of the area of premises for remote submission of documents, consultations and entrance tests with the established norms of quarantine restrictions in the country where recruitment is carried out;
providing entrants with personal protective equipment;
providing the procedure of identification of entrants using face recognition technologies, which includes verification of personal data (surname, patronymic (if any)), biometric data and their verification with the official (state) database;
ensuring control of compliance with the requirements of integrity during the entrance exam for foreigners;
providing a place to store the phones, tablets and other electronic devices of the entrants confiscated during the entrance examination: providing a device for suppressing the cellular and Internet networks; providing video surveillance around the perimeter of the auditorium in which the entrance exam for foreigners takes place by installing at least two video cameras;
providing technical equipment for video communication with the examination commission of the University in real time (computer, video camera, microphone, TV or projector with a screen);
presence in the audience of at least two employees to monitor compliance with the requirements of academic integrity and technical support during the entrance exam for foreigners;
providing all entrants with individual computers with connection to the online platform of the institution, through which the entrance exam for foreigners will take place:
providing consultations and trainings before the entrance exam for foreigners in order to get acquainted with the rules of its compilation in the remote form and use the online platform;
providing video recording of the entrance exam, transfer of video material to the educational institution through the online platform. storage of information and video materials after the entrance exam for foreigners for five years in a partner organization.
In the case of remote admission, the foreigner sends legalized and notarized copies of documents on previous education to the University by post. When crossing the state border of Ukraine for the first time and upon arrival at the educational institution, the foreigner shall hand over the original documents in person.
4. Enrollment of international students to study at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities is carried out by the University:
- twice a year for bachelor’s and master’s degrees:
- throughout the year for postgraduate studies, adjunct studies, and preparatory studies at the faculty.
The University calculates the points / grades of the entrant on the basis of the document on the previous level of education and sets the minimum requirement for admission value of the number of points / grades in general education subjects from which the entrance examination is conducted.
Enrollment of foreigners to study at the appropriate level of higher education is carried out on the basis of a document on the previous level of education based on the results of entrance examinations for foreigners in certain subjects and language of study and on the basis of academic rights to continue studying, provided by the document on the level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the points of success that give the right to continue studying at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the degree (level) of education.
5. All categories of foreigners entering the study are enrolled in the University on the basis of enrollment orders. Confirmation of the fact of training can be a certificate generated in EDEBO (The Unified State Electronic Database in Education).
6. Acceptance of applications and documents from foreigners and stateless persons for obtaining bachelor’s and master’s degrees in full-time and part-time forms of education at the University is carried out from July 19 to October 25, 2023. The terms of entrance examinations, creative competitions and enrollment of foreigners and stateless persons who have arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of study and enter the University are determined by the University Admissions Committee.
The condition for enrollment of foreigners to study for the appropriate level of higher education is their proficiency in the language of instruction at a level sufficient for mastering the educational material, successful completion of entrance examinations and fulfillment of the requirements for enrollment in accordance with paragraph 1 of Section X of these Rules.
7. Foreigners who get state scholarships within international agreements, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine, get enrolled within the established quotas for foreigners under the directions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
8. Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in the programs of academic mobility or within higher education educational programs according to agreements between the University and foreign universities are accepted to study taking into account the relevant contractual obligations of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
9. Foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, citizens of the Republic of Poland, persons recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection, have the right to receive higher education on an equal footing with citizens of Ukraine, in particular at the expense of the state or local budget, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international treaties ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (except for persons permanently residing in Ukraine) may be enrolled in state-funded studies within the established quotas for foreigners at an interview in the subjects provided for in these Rules.
Foreigners submit to the University Admissions Committee the following documents:
1) personal application form in prescribed format;
2) copy of the passport of a foreigner (or a substituting document);
3) original and a notarized copy (in Ukrainian) of the document on previous education with transcripts;
4) copy of Birth Certificate;
5) health insurance, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
6) 4 photos sized 30×40 mm;
7) certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available);
NOTE. Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3-5 must be certified in accordance with the laws of the issuing country and legalized in the established order, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine.