The procedure for admission of foreigners and stateless persons to study at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
● FULL ADMISSION RULES 2021 (in Ukrainian)
1. Preparation of foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, “On Foreign Ukrainians”, “On Refugees and Persons in Need of Complementary or Temporary Protection in Ukraine”, Decree № 271 of the President of Ukraine from June 3, 1994 “On measures to develop economic cooperation between Ukrainian regions, the Republic of Belarus border regions and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, Regulation № 136 of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from February 26, 1993 “On education of foreign citizens in Ukraine “(with amendments) and № 684 from September 11, 2013 “Some aspects of the organization of admission of foreigners and stateless persons”, Decree № 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from November 1, 2013 “Some aspects of the organization of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons” registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 25 November 2013, № 2004/24536 (with edited decree № 1272 by the Ministry of education and Science of Ukraine from December 11, 2015).
2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter – foreigners) may get higher education at the cost of individuals (legal persons), unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between universities on international academic mobility. Acceptance of foreigners to IFNUL to study at the cost of state budget is provided within the quota for foreigners. The quota for foreigners – a certain proportion of places of government order, which is used for the admission of applicants among:
● foreigners who come to study in accordance with international treaties of Ukraine;
● foreign Ukrainians, whose status is confirmed by the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian.
3. Foreigners who come to Ukraine with the purpose of studying, shall enter IFNUL within accredited education programmes (specialties). Enrollment among foreigners for studies at the cost of individuals (legal) persons in order to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree is carried out by the University twice a year, before and at the beginning of the academic semesters (but not later than November 1 and March 1 respectively). The University carries out the calculation of the scores/ratings of the applicant on the basis of the obtained document about the previous education level and sets a level of academic performance required for admission with vocational subjects, of which conducted introductory test (interview). Enrollment of foreigners for studies at the appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations (interview) on certain subjects and language learning and on the basis of academic rights to continue education provided by the document on the received level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the points of success that are entitled to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the laws of the country that issued the document on acquired education.
4. Foreigners who come with the purpose of studying, get enrolled at IFNUL under the orders of enrollment, formed in a single database.
5. Submission of documents (bachelor’s and master’s degree) is carried out from July 14 to October 22, 2021; admission – not later than November 1, 2021. Terms of entrance examinations (interviews) and admission of foreigners and stateless persons is determined by IFNUL Admissions Committee. The admission of foreigners for studying at the appropriate level of higher education is provided according to the possession of language learning at a level sufficient for learning, successful completion of entrance examinations (interview) and the requirements for admission which are listed in Paragraph X of the Full Admission Rules.
6. Foreigners who get state scholarships within international agreements, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine, get enrolled within the established quotas for foreigners under the directions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
7. Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in the programs of academic mobility or within higher education educational programs according to agreements between the University and foreign universities are accepted to study taking into account the relevant contractual obligations of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
8. Foreign Ukrainian who legally reside in Ukraine, whose status is certified with a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, before admission to the University have the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international treaties ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, may be credited for training by the state order within the established quotas for foreigners on the interview on the subjects specified herein.
Foreigners submit to the University Admissions Committee the following documents:
1) personal application form in prescribed format;
2) copy of the passport of a foreigner (or a substituting document);
3) original and a notarized copy (in Ukrainian) of the document on previous education with transcripts;
4) copy of Birth Certificate;
5) health insurance, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
6) 4 photos sized 30×40 mm;
7) certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available);
NOTE. Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3-5 must be certified in accordance with the laws of the issuing country and legalized in the established order, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine.