What is Buddy System?
Buddy System IFNUL is a group of open-minded and enthusiastic students of all faculties of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. We want to ensure smooth induction process for international students coming to study at IFNUL.
The way we do it
Every international student has a Buddy, who is helping with different issues such as travelling to Lviv, pick-up on arrival, orientation walk through the city etc. Moreover, Buddy is open to help during the whole period of study.
The first week for newcomers called Welcome Week and includes social activities, excursions, cultural evenings, and common hangouts for international students. It aims to make a space for students of IFNUL to get to know each other better, discover University and Lviv.
Similar activities scheduled to take place throughout the studying semester. For example, trip to Carpathian Mountains, social evenings, excursions etc.
What to expect from Buddy?
– Support in finding the best way to travel to Lviv – fill in the spreadsheet with your date and time of arrival (link).
– Meeting on the station or airport
– Support in Lviv and University, showing all necessary buildings, giving addresses and needed information etc.
– Helping to adapt in new circumstances.
Please fill in our Registration Form in order to register in IFNUL Buddy System:
Here goes detailed presentation in Ukrainian: http://www.slideshare.net/lilyborovets/buddy-system-lnu-38167041
Who is Buddy?
– an active person who doesn’t mind to try something new and wants to devote his or her time to international students.
– the person who wants to get new friends from abroad and expand his or her own network.
– the person who shares with incomers the happiness and sorrows of adapting to new life in Lviv, and helps them to adapt more smoothly.
What you are getting from being a Buddy?
– Experience to work in multicultural environment
– Great pleasure to work in team of enthusiasts
– Improve spoken English and communication skills.
– Soft skills development.
– New friends and new opportunities
Do you want to participate?
Fill in the application form: https://goo.gl/forms/iTa2Fv8BDoIv0srq2
Buddy System IFNUL prepares Welcome Week for newcomers.
It’s wonderful opportunity to get to know some peculiarities of University and Lviv, find new friends and spend unforgettable time together.
Welcome Week includes several activities:
– Orientation walk where you can explore city and university buildings, dormitory etc.
– Information meetings with university’s stuff, organizations and NGOs about opportunities concerning active student’s life.
– Cultural evenings when students from different countries will have a chance to represent their culture, traditions and peculiarities. In addition, of course, you will get to know more about Ukraine..
– Fun activities such as movie nights, welcome party etc.
The end of the Welcome Week is like cherry on the cake – trip to Carpathian Mountains on the weekend to explore the beauty of Ukrainian nature, play games outdoors etc.
IFNUL International Office