The Ivan Franko National University of Lviv is an equal opportunity institution, and international students are admitted regardless of race, sex, native language or religion.
Foreign citizens, who have appropriate documents on education and the knowledge of the Ukrainian language, shall be enrolled to the IFNUL according to the results of the entrance interview. The knowledge level shall be assessed at the following scale: high, sufficient and insufficient. The decision whether to accept candidate shall be made according to the results of the interview.
Foreign citizens, who do not speak Ukrainian, shall be accepted to Preparatory School for International Students at IFNUL for preparation for entering into higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Preparatory School of International students conducts studies and issues certificates for entering higher educational establishments of Ukraine in accordance with curricula approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Submission of the documents – July 29 – October 20, 2022.
Terms of extrance exams (interviews) – July – October 2022.
To enroll, please follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Apply for the invitation to study at the IFNUL.
1) Select your major/specialty you want to obtain degree in at the IFNUL. Find out corresponding program to be enrolled in (please, consult the list of the university programs) .
2) Complete and submit the application form. All sections of the form must be completed and the declaration signed and dated.
3) Prepare the motivation letter. Please describe your motivation in choosing the major.
4) Prepare copy of your passport first page.
5) Prepare copy of your education certificate with grades (translated into Ukrainian) obtained as well as academic transcript.
Step 2. Invitation Letter
The Registrar’s Office will examine your documents and assess if the applicant’s grades are sufficient for a study of the major chosen at the faculty selected. In case of positive decision, the university will issue Letter of Invitation to apply for a long term visa for study at the University. You will need to present this invitation to the Ukrainian Embassy/Consulate for your home country to obtain a Student Visa. Please visit “Going to Ukraine: visa and rules” for more information.
Go to Step 3 only when you have positive reply from the University!
Step 3. Prepare documents to bring with you for enrollment:
1. Personal application form in prescribed format;
2. A passport with the Ukrainian visa;
3. Original and a notarized copy (in Ukrainian) of the document on previous education with transcripts;;
4. Copy of birth certificate;
5. Health insurance, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
6. 4 photos sized 30×40 mm;
7. Certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available);
1. Documents, stated in subparagraphs 3-5 of this list, must be translated into the Ukrainian language with notarization of the translations.
2. Translated documents must be certified in a country of their issue, in a way that is officially used in this country for such certification, and legalized by the appropriate foreign diplomatic institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise is stipulated by international agreements of Ukraine.
Please contact Ukrainian Embassy/Consulate for your country and find out their requirements for student visa applicants.
An academic year at IFNUL begins on September 1 and is completed in June next year. All international students will enter Ukraine within the period of time from August 15 to November 15.
IFNUL international students that got a visa to Ukraine must inform Preparatory School for International Students about their arrival date.